Some X++ hotfixes related to model “DemoDataSuite” belongs to your one-box development machine only.It means you cannot deploy it on UAT or on production environment else you will get below error related to applicationfoundationformadaptor dependency
The running command stopped because the preference variable “ErrorActionPreference” or common parameter is set to Stop: Unable to resolve dependency ‘dynamicsax-applicationfoundationformadaptor’.
To exclude package “DemoDataSuite” or any other model from VSTS Or DevOps build output you can set the parameter or variable PackagingExclusions before queuing the build.Once the build will complete, deployable packages or artifacts will not contain excluded models.
Error “Module dependency graph has cycles” is occurring at the time of doing any changes or update in existing model or creating a new model or event at the time of running “Build Models”.
The reason is when one model is dependent on a second model and the second model is dependent on the first model.It means one model contains a reference of second model and second model also contains the reference of first model.
1. Go to the AOSService folder located on the main drive.
2. In the AOSService folder open the PackagesLocalDirectory folder.
3. Now in this folder, you’ll find all the models. Locate your model and open the folder.
4. In this folder locate to Descriptor Folder.
5. Copy this file to any location of your choice and open it in any text editor.
6. Remove the tag that contains the model which is not present and is the source of the error.
7. Finally copy this file back to the original location and replace the file in the destination folder.
8. Refresh models in Visual Studio and you’re good to go.
Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, D365 FO, Retail, SQL, Microsoft Power Apps, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Azure, Logic Apps, Microsoft Flow, Microsoft power automate, Microsoft Power Platform,.Net, X++, C#, Power BI DAX, Data Warehousing, Microsoft Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services