Requirement – Connecting Microsoft Power Apps to Data Entity of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for finance and operations. Then create a lookup from Data entity.Continue reading D365 FO & PowerAPPS – Lookup From Data entities
D you want to fetch records of all the companies of Microsoft Dynamics 365 finance and operations using cross-company in your Odata service application? Here is the trick:
Add below line in your C# program which is using AddQueryOption
- Objective – Microsoft Dynamics 365 (Finance & operations) & Forms Pro Survey Integration : Send and Save Survey Responses using Microsoft Power Automate/Microsoft Flow/Azure Logic Apps.
- Scenario – Organisation wants to send Employee Satisfaction Survey to their employees via email. Employee will complete the survey . Survey Responses should be store and save in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & operations.
- Technologies/Products – Microsoft Form Pro(Free 30 Days Trial), Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & operations, Microsoft Power Automate(Microsoft Flow/Azure Logic Apps).
- Prerequisite – Before moving ahead individual must go and see my old post on Microsoft Forms i.e. Microsoft Forms : Create a Survey Form From Scratch. Individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Power Automate(Microsoft Flow/Azure Logic Apps) & Dynamics 365 Finance & operations development.
- Steps are as below
- Create an Employee Satisfaction Survey Form using Microsoft Forms Pro. Follow my post Microsoft Forms : Microsoft Forms : Create a Survey Form From Scratch.
- Send Survey – Login to Microsoft Power Automate/Microsoft Flow/Azure Logic Apps. Create a Microsoft Flow for sending Employee Surveys to the employees of the company . In this scenario i am using a custom data entity of Employee master which is returning fields – Employee Code & Employee Email, Employee. You can use your own data entity as per your requirement and business need. I am reading all the Employee records and sending surveys in their email. You can add more conditions as per your business need. For demonstration purpose i am keeping things simple.Please refer below flow for your reference.
- Storing and saving Survey responses – Create a Microsoft Flow for Storing and saving Survey responses in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and operations using D365 FO custom data entity and Microsoft Flow Fins and ops connectors.Please refer below flow for your reference.
Cheers, piyush adhikari +91-7995802472 & firstname.lastname@example.org
Third party Vendor wants to push records in D365 Finance and operation by providing input in a JSON format.
The purpose of the document is to provide all the necessary steps of developing a REST web service in Logic Apps which will accept JSON message as input. Parse of JSON string will happen in Logic Apps & records will inserted into a table of D365 Finance and operation environment using data entities.
- Logic Apps subscription is required
- D365 Finance and operation development environment.
- Documents related to JSON schema and format should be shared with developer
- D365 Data entities should be accessible from outside. In my case I have 2 tables and 2 data entities of both the tables. Tables Name are OrderHeader & OrderLines.
- Generate the JSON schema by using URL https://jsonschema.net/ using JSON sample
- Create a new Logic Apps from blank template.
- Add a trigger of type “REQUEST” – When a HTTP request is received and paste the JSON schema created in step 1 into the section Request Body JSON Schema
- Add a new step and use the new action of type Data Operation – Parse JSON.
- (In case you require) Add a new step for initializing a variable. I am using here Initialize variable action .I am using it for line number counter later.
- Add a new step by using control – For Each
- Add a new step by using action “Create record”-Dynamics 365 for fin & ops. Provide D365 environment URL , data entity name & credentials. In this example I am using entity OrderHeader.This step should be inside “For Each” loop and we will insert Orderheader data.
- After inserting record into OrderHeader entity , we will fill details by using OrderLine Entity.Flow is mentioned below
- Save your flow
- Copy the HTTP POST URL
- For testing visit website https://apitester.com/
- Records are inserted
piyush adhikari 🙂
Filter query on enum field of data entity.For example – To filter records of data entity BatchJobs on enum field “Status”
https://XXXXXX.sandbox.operations.dynamics.com/data/BatchJobs?$filter=Status eq Microsoft.Dynamics.DataEntities.BatchStatus’Executing’