Dynamics 365 Customer Voice (formerly knows as Microsoft Forms Pro) is an enterprise feedback management application that enables you to easily keep track of the customer metrics that matter most to your business. It provides an easy and friction free experience from creating surveys, for generating actionable insights based on customer feedback with minimal setup time
Requirement: Saving a file and uploading memory stream of file in Azure BLOB Storage account using X++ in Microsoft Dynamics 365 finance and operationsContinue reading D365/AX7:Upload & Save a File in Azure Blob Storage using X++
Requirement – Reading a file & getting the memory stream of file from Azure Blob Storage in Microsoft dynamics 365 for finance and operations using X++.
Azure Blob Storage helps you create data lakes for your analytics needs and provides storage to build powerful cloud-native and mobile apps. Optimise costs with tiered storage for your long-term data and flexibly scale up for high-performance computing and machine learning workloads.
- Login to https://portal.azure.com using your Azure Subscription credentials.
Setup Bring Your Own Database (BYOD) for Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations- How to set up & Configure BYOD in D365 F&O Set up configuration to Azure SQL DB
What is Entity Store ?
In Microsoft Dynamics 365 finance and operations, Entity store is database (AxDW) which you can use in D365 FO POWER BI dashboards for realtime analytical reporting . Click here to read more about entity store.
What is Azure Data Lake ?
Microsoft Azure Data Lake is cloud based storage and analytics service . Azure Data lake allows data scientist and data engineer to store any kind of large data and performing analytics, machine learning & AI operations on it. Click here to read more about entity store.
Quick Steps Exporting Entity Store in Azure Data Lake
- Deploy a new storage account in azure portal. Don,t forget to mention Account kind as StorageV2. Most important, in Advance TAB Enable the Hierarchical namespaces feature else you will not be able to consume Azure Data Lake data in Power BI.
- When the deployment is completed, go to your recently deployed storage account and navigate to Settings –> Access Keys . Note down the connection string value, it will be used in coming steps
- Deploy a KEY VAULT resource in portal.azure.com as per your comfort.
- After deployment of key vault , go to your Azure KEY VAULT resource and navigate to Settings — > Secrets.
- Click on button + GENERATE/IMPORT & create a SECRET. Fill a name for the secret and not it somewhere as NAME will be used in next steps. In the VALUE Field please Enter the connection string i (connection string you obtained from previous steps inside STORAGE ACCOUNTS)
- Secret KEY is created
- Go to Azure portal, select Azure Active Directory, and then select App registrations. You need to register an App
- After registering you APP, navigate to –>API permission and Configured permissions as mentioned below.
- In your registered APP, navigate to –> Certificates & secrets. Generate a new client secret and copy it immediately somewhere.
- Now go back to your KEY VAULT Resource and click on access polices.
- In the Select principal field, select the name of the application that you previously registered.In the Key permissions field, select Get and List permissions.In the Secret permissions field, select Get and List permissions.
- Now open your D365 finance and operations environment and go the SYSTEM PARAMETERS . Fill the below details
- Application ID: Enter the application ID of the Azure AD application that you registered earlier.
- Application Secret: Enter the application key (secret) for the Azure AD application.
- DNS name: Enter the DNS name of Key Vault.
- Secret name: Enter the name of the secret that you added to Key Vault together with connection string information.
- Validate and Test AZURE KEY VAULT as well as AZURE DATA STORAGE
- Refresh Entity Store
- Now your entity store is available in Azure Data Lake.
References : entity-store-data-lake
Microsoft Forms is online application & surveys creator tool which helps you to create surveys, quizzes & polls. Microsoft Forms also comes with Microsoft Forms Pro version with many more integration capabilities and features as comparison to basic version.With Microsoft Forms Pro, you can create and send surveys and receive survey responses in Dynamics 365 Applications along with other Dynamics 365 data. Microsoft Forms can be easily integrated and used with applications like Microsoft Flow, Microsoft Power Automate & Microsoft Azure Logic Apps.
Steps To Create a Survey From Scratch
- Connect to https://formspro.microsoft.com. In this tutorial i am using Microsoft Forms Pro (Free 30 Days Trial).
- Under My Forms, click on New Pro Survey
- Input your survey title and its description.
- Add new rating question.
- Fill question and its description
- In the end, your Microsoft Forms Preview Should look like this.
- Click on Send to see sharing options
- You can send Microsoft Forms via email or you can configure it in Microsoft Flow / Azure Power Automate or You can share Microsoft Forms Link or QR Code. There are so many options
Azure Fundamentals: IaaS (Infrastructure as a service) vs SaaS (Software as a service) vs PaaS ( Platform as a service)
|Upfront costs||No Upfront costs Users pay only for what they consume.||No Upfront costs Users pay only for what they consume.||No Upfront costs Users pay only for subscriptions.|
|User ownership||User is resposible for software, operating systems, middleware, data and applications.||User is responsible for data and applications||Users just use the application software; they are not responsible for any maintenance or management of that software.|
|Cloud provider ownership||Hardwares, network etc.||Cloud providers are typically responsible for everything except Data & application||Cloud providers are typically responsible for everything including Data & application|
|Commonly used scenarios||Storage, backup, and recovery/Test and development||Azure Logic Apps||D365 Online/Skype|
Virtual Machine is like a computer created within a computer.It has guest operating system. Virtual Machine uses hardware level virtualization.Hypervisor controllers enables you to create and run multiple VMs.
Containers virtualizes entire operating system and multiple applications runs in an isolated and secure way on a single operating system.It doesn’t have any guest operating system.The application and all its dependencies is packaged into a “container” and then a standard runtime environment is used to execute the app.
Serverless computing also called as FaaS (Function as a service). Azure Function and AWS Lambda are the most popular serverless platforms.Application is broken into separate functions that run when triggered by some action.You only pay for the processing time used by each function as it executes.