What is Progressive Web App (PWA) ?
What are the benefits of Progressive Web App ?
- Fast loading and works offline
- Can be launched from home screen and receive the push notification
- Junk free scrolling, Smooth Animations, and seamless navigation even on poor networks
- No app store needed. Users can discover and download apps right from the web, making PWAs more accessible.
- Run on all devices: website, web app, mobile, desktop
Power Apps Portal as a Progressive Web App (PWA)
You can enable progressive web app (PWA) in Microsoft Power apps portal.
- Login to https://make.preview.powerapps.com (Here we are not using https://make.powerapps.com because this is still in preview feature)
- Go To Apps, then edit your portal app.
- In left pane, select – Progressive Web App (PWA) and enable it
- You can also customize PWA and can also change offline behaviour.A PWA can be configured to continue to run on a mobile device when connectivity is lost or put in an offline mod
- Once your PWA customization will be completed, you can create or generate an app package and distribute in Google Play store or Microsoft Store. To create app package, select Create app package under App package in Progressive web app in portals Studio. You’ll be taken to PWA builder where you can create app package for various app stores such as Microsoft Windows Store and Google Play Android Store and step-by-step document to publish app in respective store. You can now publish app in respective app store console.
2 thoughts on “Convert Power Apps Portal Into A Progressive Web Apps (PWA) : Introduction & Demo”