- Extensible Data Security (XDS) – It is a framework that allows developers or system administrator to provide Data Security in D365 Finance and Operations.
- Policy Or Security Policy – Policy is your main technical AOT artifact or element which is used to achieve Extensible Data Security (XDS).
- Constrained table – Table/tables in a given security policy from which data is filtered or secured, based on the associated policy query. For example, Filtering Records in purchase order form (PurchTable) based on the primary table – VendGroup
- Primary table – Primary Table is For example, Filtering Records in purchase order form (PurchTable) based on the primary table – VendGroup.
- Policy query –Query of Primary table which is used to filter records from constrained tables.
In D365 Fins & Ops, customer has one customised table – UserSetup with fields – UserId & InventSiteId where customer is maintaining user-wise records along with Site code.
Filtering Site master (InventSiteId) lookup values on the basis of site code which is predefined in user setup of current user.
- Create a query of usersetup table.
- Create a new security policy as per screens below: