Error “Module dependency graph has cycles” is occurring at the time of doing any changes or update in existing model or creating a new model or event at the time of running “Build Models”.
The reason is when one model is dependent on a second model and the second model is dependent on the first model.It means one model contains a reference of second model and second model also contains the reference of first model.
1. Go to the AOSService folder located on the main drive.
2. In the AOSService folder open the PackagesLocalDirectory folder.
3. Now in this folder, you’ll find all the models. Locate your model and open the folder.
4. In this folder locate to Descriptor Folder.
5. Copy this file to any location of your choice and open it in any text editor.
6. Remove the tag that contains the model which is not present and is the source of the error.
7. Finally copy this file back to the original location and replace the file in the destination folder.
8. Refresh models in Visual Studio and you’re good to go.
In Microsoft Dynamics 365 for finance & operations, enabling of maintenance mode allows you to change varieties of settings like license configuration.By default, maintenance mode is turned off.When maintenance mode is turned off you cannot change or edit license configuration.
You can easily enable maintenance mode in development Or UAT Or testing environment but to turn on maintenance mode in a production environment, you must submit a service request.
Steps To Complete
There are two ways you can enable maintenance mode and edit license configuration :
Execute below SQL query on transaction database of environment.After executing the query, restart the environment. update dbo.SQLSYSTEMVARIABLES
set dbo.SQLSYSTEMVARIABLES.VALUE = 1
where dbo.SQLSYSTEMVARIABLES.PARM = ‘CONFIGURATIONMODE’
RDP on your environment.Run command prompt as administrator. Execute below command in CMD.
In my case the AOS service path is in K drive but it could be in J drive also.So ensure the correct path of AOS service directory.Once environment will be restarted, you will be able to edit the license configuration.
Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, D365 FO, Retail, SQL, Microsoft Power Apps, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Azure, Logic Apps, Microsoft Flow, Microsoft power automate, Microsoft Power Platform,.Net, X++, C#, Power BI DAX, Data Warehousing, Microsoft Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services